Makes All The Difference
Southern Financial Research LLC is owned and operated by a former federal agent who specializes in "Forensic Financial Investigations."
The owner personally has over 35 years' experience in criminal and civil investigations including nationally locating
and recovery of business and personal financial assets.
Member of The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
We locate and recover hidden assets for individuals, attorneys, banks and judgment holders
We buy performing and non-performing "private mortgages" secured by real estate.
We buy promissory notes, land contracts and "partials" on residential and commercial property.
We buy class C, high CAP rate, commercial multi-family apartments.
We do not buy consumer credit debt like credit cards, furniture store, dentists etc. etc.
We maintain a fidelity bond to give our clients peace of mind during recovery of their assets.
How We Find Hidden Assets
We audit government and private data bases to identify and recover unclaimed personal and business assets.
We research judgment debtors, their business associates and families for fraudulent transfers of assets.
We interview, by phone and in person, individuals with knowledge of the judgment debtors assets.
We conduct physical surveillance of the judgment debtor, their family and associates when necessary.
We use forensic accountants and hand writing experts to verify business and personal documents.
The Five things most judgment holders don't know
1) Judgment enforcement and recovery is NOT taught in the majority of law schools, it is a specialized field.
2) Conducting a court ordered deposition to determine if there are reachable assets to pay a judgment is expensive
3) Just because your judgment is a lien earning interest does not mean you will ever collect anything.
4) Most judgments are collected through settlements and do NOT include the high interest added to them by statute.
5) Having a lien on a judgment debtors residence does not guarantee you will be paid if the house is foreclosed on or sold to someone.
Nationally 80% of judgments are never collected, often because no one has used a forensic investigator to conduct a search for hidden assets, it is expensive.
Anyone who understands the Time Value of Money knows that a dollar today will buy more than a dollar will buy sometime in the future.